Do you frequently find yourself running out of time? Do you find yourself working hard but at the end of the day still having items on your to-do list? Do you choose between family time and getting stuff done around the house? Are you weary and overwhelmed day after day?
If you answered yes, you need to outsource. Time is precious and you only have 24 hours each day. Here are things you can let someone else deal with for a moment!
– Housekeeping- Cleaning can be fun, but it also can be time consuming. Check your schedule for the busy days and hire a housekeeper for the beginning of the week (and maintain the clean) or at the end of the week (to do damage control).
– Laundry- For families with more than 1 person, laundry can pile up fast. Washing can take 2 days and ironing and folding can just take the rest of the week. Splurge on a dry cleaner. Many offer laundry folding services and you can get many shirts pressed for cheap. If you are on a budget this might get expensive, but if you have a little excess spending money at the end of the month- do it!
– Grocery Shopping- Did you know that you can order groceries? If you want to opt out of long lines at the grocery store and save hours of your life, order dry goods and paper products online. Certain places have one or two day shipping so you aren’t waiting forever for products you need right away. Shopping this way insures you won’t forget something. Order what you need and not have to start up the car once! Farmer’s markets and companies like Bountiful Baskets will offer baskets of produce ready to be picked up. No more picking through bins. They have already set aside a large fresh batch!
-Body Maintenance – This is probably the best thing to outsource! Let someone else do your hair, nails, and skin. Get a professional wax and hire a personal trainer. It may be pricy (you obviously know your budget) but the professionals will make you look amazing. I know this one is really superficial, but looking great boosts your self esteem and makes you feel good. Plus you will look like a knockout trophy wife.
– School/Church/Work functions- Pause before you volunteer. Do you have time to make a costume or the resources to make itty bitty spiders for the class? You might be better off ordering items or just letting someone else do the work! Maybe the women’s ministry can have store bought centerpieces instead of homemade ones. Does your job or husbands job have a function that is pot luck? Skip slaving in the kitchen and buy something. So many grocery stores have amazing ready baked meals. Heck, there are even frozen items that taste great and only require a few minutes in an oven.
– Baking for functions- With my years as a volunteer, I quickly realized that people eat the store bought cookies just as often as the homemade. Sure no one pats you on the back, but it is food. At the end of the day we all know what happens to the excess food! Don’t waste hours cooking when the function is not that serious. You will always have the woman who gets everything off Pinterest at a party. If you don’t have time go to the store. I used to spend hours baking, and now I frequent Dunking Doughnuts. Bonus- I never bring home leftovers!
-Parenting – Some days it pays to let the kids play elsewhere. Check out some local child care centers for drop in care, take advantage of church mom’s day out programs, or see if a friend can pop in for a few hours! Parenting is hard work and it is not for the faint of heart. There are days when you can only take so much poop!
-Bills – While you can’t always push these off on other people, you can set up automatic payments. The more that you have auto drafted equals the less you have to drive around to pay in person, the less checks you write and keeping up with stamps, and the less worry you forgot to pay something. Bill due dates never change so let the internet banking handle that.
There will be times when you can’t outsource. Heck, there will be times that you don’t want to outsource. But there will be times when you need to outsource. Sometimes because life is too busy and the other times are just for your sanity. There is a reason why so many companies outsource!
The best part is that outsourcing can be our little secret. Unless you want to tell what you plan on outsourcing in the comments!